May 16, 2014

『2014|04|16 - 2014|04|18』heidi. in Cologne ~ Little Princess traveling alone and nearly getting lost PART I

As mentioned in my first heidi. concert post I had another one planed. It was the one in Cologne on 17th April 2014. I decided to take the bus there, which was a journey of eight hours. Since it was quite a long one I decided to go to Cologne on the 16th April and to leave on the 18th April, while the concert was on 17th April.

Something I discovered while booking the trip was that it was right before Easter, which means that everything was closed on 18th April, because it's Good Friday and it's a holiday in Germany. Having that in mind I planed my trip as convenient as possible, which meant I was able to take the bus back at 12:45am.

That aside it was finally the day of leaving, which means it was the 16th of April. With my first viral exam finished I was quite excited to leave. I was still a bit scared, because I had to go alone and I was still not fully recovered, but I decided to make the best out of it.
I had to get up around 5:00am. Since I always need more time to finally get up, always lying around for something like 30 minutes, my alarm clock rang at 5:00am and I finally got up at 5:30am. I rushed through the bath and throw my last things into my luggage, put on a minimum of make up and had some "fruit loops" for breakfast.

I only stayed two nights but it looks like I had
luggage for two weeks XDDD
Took the bus at 6:45am, which brought me to another station where I had to change the bus to finally arrive at ZOB (the bus main station for traveling). Arrived there at 7:15am and had to wait another 15 minutes before my bus to Cologne arrived. I was lucky enough that I was this early and could enter the bus at 7:45am, but it wouldn't leave before 8.00am.

The bus was so crowded that not a single seat was left without a passenger, which was annoying because I wanted to have more space for myself.

We took off quite on time and I decided to sleep for most of the time, since I didn't sleep as much as I was supposed to do, because I decided to watch all the Sailor Moon episodes which I missed. XD"""






Stops on the way to Cologne:
  • 8:00 Berlin
  • 11:30 - 12:15 Break
  • 14:20 - 14:35 Wuppertal
  • 15:20 Cologne

Finally arrived in Cologne I had to get my luggage. Collected everything and went to the main station to get some orientation. I went there before with Tay in 2007, but when I stood there I felt so lost, couldn't recognize a thing. XD" As always my orientation was the worst, even though I prepared myself and looked up the way to the hostel. But since I wasn't sure about what I looked up I asked my helpful new public transport app for North Rhine-Westphalia, which immediately had an answer for me. I had to buy a ticket and was finally able to look for the subway station and found it.

Everything went fine until I had to change trains. I had to change from subway to tram and took the wrong exit from the station, I never found the tram station and just made my way walking to the hostel. Which was like another odyssey, because I couldn't find the way and had to ask google maps for directions. I ended up near the tram station I would have arrived at and my phone ran out of battery... I was lost again, but I knew I must be near the hostel and since I luckily reminded the description of the way from the hostel's webpage I was abel to find it. All in all it cost me nearly one and a half hour to arrive there, for a way of ten minutes. Gosh, I just have no orientation, even with preparations. Horrible!!! 

I arrived and checked in. Finally in the room I was the only one there and I picked my bed, which was the only left free. Since I went with the cheapest option I had to share the room with seven other people. Scary. Otherwise everything was fine and I immediately plugged in my phone to  charge it. I also decided to charge my iPod. While waiting for my devices to charge I decided to refresh myself and flipped through my travel guid to decide where to get something to eat from. I also called home to let them know that I'm still alive and I skyped a bit with Lulu and Riki. ^^ 

outfit shot from the first day ^^



Since it was already darkening outside I decided to not look around town anymore just to get something to eat. This time I found the tram station and I also discovered the right station at Neumarkt and was able to change into the subway without problems. I decided to have my meal at the main station, because I was too lazy to look for a restaurant or something and I knew that there is a Pizza Hut in the building. My aim was to get some yummy Pizza Hut pizza. *^* I love it so much.




staircase at Cologne main station







First I walked around the main station a bit to check if there 
is something else I want to eat. While walking I discovered a staircase covered in RitterSport chocolate advertisement. It's not my favourite, but I liked the idea and it is so obvious that everyone will recognize this advertisement.



news display at Cologne main station






I also spotted this screen which showed various advertisement spots, news and the weather forecast. It also had something like a short report about Japanese Street Fashion. I was so shocked and excited to see something like this around there that I had to take a picture from it. I found it quite fitting in this situation. ^^





my yummy pizza







Finally decided to fulfill my plan and to go to Pizza Hut.  I was super hungry by this time and I need a whole pizza with cheesy crust. *^* So yummy!!! I sat down and had my huge pizza and some water. While eating I still had some conversations with Lulu and Riki via Skype. XD Always connected to the internet. I needed nearly an hour to finish all of this alone and decided to walk around a bit more.





some appreciation for my DIR EN GREY
shirt as pajamas XD + super shiny hair *^*




But I did not much walking anymore and just went to the subway station to get back to the hostel were I showered and fell into bed to just talk a bit more and make plans for the next day. ^^


















That's it for the first part, next will come soon, Stay tuned. Otherwise I want to hear your opinion about the layout of the post. Do you like it this way or do you appreciate my normal style more?Thought that way might prevent too much scrolling, because I tend to write a lot and put a lot of pictures in an entry. But on the other side, I think this looks kinda messy and is annoying while reading.  Feel free to leave your opinion. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment