January 08, 2017

『2016/12/23 - 2016/12/26』My Christmas Days & Christmas Gifts

I'm going to talk about my Christmas time of 2016 which the whole family spend in Poland as a special event. Be aware that it's a bit photo heavy.

How did you spend your Christmas Days? Did you have a lovely time?

2016/12/23 Destination Misdroy

The day started with a really tired me. I had a very bad cold, but still went to work the day before and also attended the Christmas Party from work. Which was quite fun, but I was really exhausted after that. Nonetheless, I had to prepare my last blogmas post for the following day and stayed up even more late. No wonder I felt like a zombie on the 23rd. x.x

I still had to pack a few things into my suitcase, had breakfast with the family and than we finally packed everything into the car and took off. Our destination was Misdroy in Poland. The ride there didn't take us that long, it was quite a fun ride. We listened to music the whole ride and that really loud so we could sing along to it. Well, the whole family (my mum, dad and sister) singing along to Rammstein is kind of weird, right? (poor brother in law.) XD

When we arrived we were able to check in earlier than expected. Which I was really glad for, because I still felt horrible. After checking in we took a walk at the beach. It's so strange walking along the beach in December looking at the sea with the wind in your hair.

After a while I was freezing so much, I didn't really feel good at all. We decided to go back to the hotel, so I could get some rest. The rest of the family went grocery shopping, well more like candy shopping and a few beverages. Nothing too special. While they were away I was lying down, listening to my audiobook and kind of dozing away. After that I felt a bit better, but was still freezing.

When everyone returned we decided to go to the spa to check it out. First i didn't really want to go, but my mum persuaded me to go to the sauna with her. It actually helped and after 10 minutes in there I finally warmed up again. It felt so good. After spa time we just had dinner and sat together. 



2016/12/24 A relaxing but loud Christmas

We had breakfast together and short after that we had our first spa time this day. One after another went to their appointment for a nice back massage. Wow, I never had that kind of a relaxed back. That was really needed. After the massage we met in the spa and I decided to try out the whirlpool. Loved that, spend most of the time in there.

After that we went for a walk again and got some tasty waffles, tea or for everyone else glühwein. After we ate, we went to the beach again and explored it a bit more. We hadn't that much time left, because the rest of the family of my brother in law was arriving soon and dinner was calling. We slowly made our way back to the hotel to get ready for Christmas dinner. The 24th is the special day for us.

Getting ready with one bath and three people wanting to go inside isn't the easiest. XD"
Somehow we managed to arrange ourselves and I even had time to curl my hair. I wore this beautiful velvet dress from Topshop. I'm so in love with it. And some accessories from Konplott.

We met in the dining room with everyone else and had quite a feast. A bit weird for us and so untypical. My sister and I had some special pieroggies, she doesn't eats fish and I doesn't eat any animal. She had some filled with meat and I had my beloved ones with spinach. These are just the best!!! <3

After dinner we met at the lounge for gift giving. That was quite chaotic. It's just so stressful if you can't understand half of the people your surrounded with. But in the end we managed that also. Everyone had a pile of gifts and was starting to unwrap them. It was so strange, because we usually give a gift to someone and watch as they unwrap them so you know from who the gift is and if they liked it. But well, Polish people do everything on their own. Or at least this family. XD""

After the gift giving we just sat together and chatted. Wow, it's unbelievable how loud they are. XD It always sounds like they fighting with each other. XDD"""


Here is what I received:



I got a few somethings from my new Polish family. We decided beforehand to only give a few small things to each other, so no one had to worry about spending too much. 

 

A cute owl shaped lunchbox. I think I can used it for some kind of bento. 
It even has separated compartments. So useful! 
This pack of super cute Star Wars hand warmers. AAAHHH!!!!! I just love these. I'm not sure if I want to use them, what if I loose them? ;__; Even thinking about that makes me sad.


 

Also got a Star Wars Christmas ornament and a face mask. The ornament had some crispy chocolate bits inside. It's so funny how the face mask is a German product but everything is in polish on the packaging. So weird to see that. Not even English is on there. How am I supposed to know how to use it? I guess I'm going to look for it here, if I can find it and read the German inscription. XD"


The main presents are always from our parents. They always try to give the same value to each of us. I know exactly from where I got that, that I have a special budged for each person. ^^


Finally I own this beautiful book. Since it got released I wanted it, but kind of didn't want to spend the money on it. It's so pretty inside and out. <3


 

Also got my first concert ticket of the year! Finally I'll be able to see Apocalyptica live. I can't wait. It's so exciting. And I got these ear piercings as a small add on. Also had some left over money in a card and a cookie box, which you can see in the first photo (forgot to take a single photo of it, oops.).


I guess it was quite a Star Wars Christmas this time. Well, everyone knows by now that I LOVE Star Wars and that Darth Vader is my favourite for ever.


My sister and her husband got me this lovely Loungfly x Disney collaboration purse. I love it really a lot. <3


I also got something from a friend of mine.

 

This lovely decoration piece. It's a heart out of glass with some glitter stripes and stars on the outside and some LEDs on the inside, so you can hang it and light it up. Really lovely.


And last but not least I also got a small something from work.

 

A few snacks and vouchers for the cinema. This is really nice.




2016/12/25 Napping in the Spa

The day started with a huge family breakfast again, just like the day before. It wasn't that eventful, because the weather was bad and it rained the whole time. While my parents still wanted to explore the town, my sister and I didn't want to leave. My brother in law really wanted to go to the spa again and to spend some time with a few of his family members. In the end both of us decided to go to the spa too, but only to be in the warm and cozy area. While she read I was only able to read three pages and than fell asleep. It was a really good sleep and I finally felt rested for the first time in days.

My sister only woke me up to tell me that she had to leave for her second appointed back massage. We really took advantage and went two times. ^^ I was next after her. After that we met in the spa again, but only to read again. After everyone got through their second round, we went to our rooms to get ready for dinner.

Wore just black that evening and even re-curled my hair a bit. Dinner was loud again. XD
We were so full after it, that we decided to take a walk outside. We had luck and it stopped raining. We went to explore the beach at night. I always find it a bit spook at the beach at night.

Also it was really windy and the wind decided to destroy my hair. ;_; Nonetheless it felt really good to get outside again. Fresh sea air. <3  We also explored a bit more and saw some interesting things on our way. ^^






We got to see this wooden ship which actually is a public toilet. How fun is that? Sadly it was closed. XD"



We also saw this house, which is upside down. So weird, but I think it's one of these strange houses you can enter for fun or something.



We walked a bit through the small town and saw some Christmas Lights.


I especially liked this fountain, which usually carries water in the summer. I really liked how they mimicked the water of the fountain. It looked so pretty. *^*

  

After walking around we met up in the lounge again to chat and relax. We also had some special Christmas snacks like, rum truffles. My sister makes the best ones. I usually don't like alcohol, but I love her rum truffles. 



2016/12/26 Destination Home

The day started as the other days too, with the whole family having breakfast. But this time we didn't have that much time, because we still had to pack up and get ready for the check out. Since my brother in law stay up way too late and partied with his family nearly all night. He really had a very bad hangover. So we helped my sister to pack. We finally got everything to the car and checked out. We were ready to leave. Sad goodbye to everyone and we were on our way back home. The ride back was quite uneventful and I was sleeping nearly the whole time.

At the border we had to stop at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Since my dad was driving this time he didn't know when it comes and I didn't see it, so we had to go back. Which was so annoying, because I really wanted to just get back home. So, finally there we fuelled the car and took a break. Everyone got something to eat, except me. There is just nothing I like. After a while we finally continued on and I fell asleep again. XD

Finally home, we took our stuff and my sister and her husband made their way home. From car to couch and I nearly immediately fell asleep again.  I really was that exhausted. I guess it also was the left over cold that made me so super exhausted.







We had a really special Christmas dinner that day and ordered pizza. XD"""






No comments:

Post a Comment