January 21, 2017

『book haul』Too many books in one month!


Remember when I said in my resolutions to by less books. Well I was such a nasty girl and already broke that resolution. I acquired a total of 18 books this month. I don't even know how I did that. Most of them are a collectable buy. This haul includes 3 graphic novels, 1 artbook, 1 notebook/ journal and 4 mangas. If you want to find out which books I got keep reading.



Star Wars - The Ultimate Visual Guide (updated and expanded)

Found this beautiful thing at TK Maxx for such a good price. I just couldn't walk by. It even was in nearly perfect condition.
Alice im Wunderland (illustrated by Benjamin Lacombe)

This is the German translation of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll and it has so many beautiful illustrations by Benjamin Lacombe, a French illustrator. 
If you like you can check out the video I posted over on Instagram to see a few more details. 
The Graveyard Book Graphic Novel (Single Volume)

Always wanted to add this to my collection. It's one of my favourite books and I love it so much. Can't wait to dive into this beauty.
Coraline Graphic Novel

It's the same like with The Graveyard Book. I love the book so much and always wanted the graphic novel of this story.
Fahrenheit 451 Graphic Novel

This is the German translation of "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury in graphic novel form. 
One of the few books I had to read for school which I loved. It actually one of my favourites. Ever since I found out there is a graphic novel adaptation I needed it. 
Found it for a really good price and decided that it's okay to go with the translated version.
Brisinger

Only bought this one to get the matching cover. It's so hard to find all the books in the same cover, same height and same publisher. 
Already had another edition, but really wanted the matching one. Now I can start that series. After all those years. 
Peter Pan (illustrated edition)

This is such a beauty of a book. Never read "Peter Pan", only ever watched the Disney animation. I always loved it a lot. 
Now I can finally read the book and explore all the beautiful bits and bobs MinaLima created for this edition. 
Carve the Mark

Had it on pre-order and totally forgot about it. Than suddenly a few days ago I remembered it again and came across all those polarising thoughts and reviews about it. I'm still interested to read it and to see if I have the same problems with it. The stupid thing is I tend to just not notice all those things while reading. Only if someone discusses it with me I'll most of the time see where the problems are. 
Laqua

A fantasy book written by a German author set in Venice. I had to get it.
I really want to try and read more books by German authors again. I need to get back into my own language. 
The Lie Tree

Saw this beauty on Sarah Churchill's channel and had to look this up, because it's illustrated by Chris Riddell, who also illustrated a few of Neil Gaiman's books. I really love his illustrations. 
Wouldn't have bought it if the story didn't interested me. Can't wait to start this one.
Wolfszeit

Again a book in German and it's also by Nina Blazon. I'm really excited to finally dive back into a fantasy book written in German. 
A Gathering of Shadows

I decided to buy the paperback's in this cover version. So I had to wait quite a bit to finally hold this in my hands. Now the waiting begins for the third one. 
Luckily I have all three as e-books, which I got for a good price. Though I can just start reading them without worrying about it. 
Their Story - The Story you don't know

This is an artbook following the story of Them and Her in a comic style. It was created by the Korean Lolita Fashion designer Haenuli Shin who also illustrates all the designs and is the main head behind the Korean Lolita Fashion Brand Haenuli. 
Since I really love her artwork on all her fashion designs I had to get a copy of the artbook. I also got a special small book which includes a few coloured extras about Them and Her. 
If you're interested check out Haenuli Artwork on Facebook or the Haenuli Shop
A full review will follow soon. 
Ted Baker Notebook

Found this beautiful notebook at TK Maxx as well and thought I could use it as a book journal and keep track of what I bought and read throughout the year. Might as well include thoughts and ratings to finally get more reviews done.
 

Azumanga Daioh (complet)

Found this for such a good price over at ebay. I already owned the first three and read them all. I also read the fourth volume, but only in English because this series is out of print in Germany and it's so hard to find the last volume in a good quality. 
I'll keep my original volumes and add the fourth. Will sell the remaining. I don't need doubles of them.



Bonus: All the pretty spines




No comments:

Post a Comment