January 14, 2017

『books + movie + tv show』Unpopular Opinion Shadowhunters Edition


At the beginning of January the 2nd season of the Shadowhunters tv show premiered and like for season one I'm mostly live watching it via a stream and live tweeting my first impressions and opinions. Everything is just my opinion and might offend others, but it's just how I feel about the show in that particular moment. If you like to join me on that feel free to follow me on twitter
Since the start of the 2nd season The Shadowhunter Wold got a bit more popular again and you can find a lot of people talking about it. 
I thought I share a few of my unpopular and personal opinions on the whole world. It's such a huge world with so many different things in it and a lot of books, a movie and the tv show. So, let's find out what I have to share with you (in no particular order).

WARNING: May contain spoilers. Will mark them in the beginning like this => (Spoiler)


  1. Even though I read all the books and every short story, saw the movie and watch the tv show, I wouldn't consider it my favourite book series. I enjoy it but I don't love it excessively. 
  2. I don't like Clary and Jace, so they are much more bearable in the later books. I just find both of them so endlessly annoying.
  3. My favourite character from beginning on was Simon. (Spoiler) No matter if Human, Vampire, Daylighter or Shadowhunter, I love him in every single way.
  4. Actually I was only able to get through TMI because of the side characters. I love Simon and Izzy, Alec & Magnus are all a close second. Only for their storyline I was able to finish all the books. (Spoiler kind ofNever forget Max!!! ;___;
  5. City of Heavenly Fire is my favourite TMI book. Though the ending broke my heart and I was never that glad for an epilogue + The following short stories.
  6. I don't get the hype surrounding TID. I loved the setting and the main idea, but hate the Tessa, Will, Jem thing.
  7. I really loved Charlotte and Henry in TID. Also Gideon and Sophie have a special place in my heart.
  8. I like TMI better than TID, but have a feeling TDA could become my favourite of them all.
  9. So far Lady Midnight is my 2nd favourite Shadowhunters book. It was so good!!! Impatiently waiting for Lord of Shadows!
  10. I didn't like the City of Bones movie at all.
  11. I'm still not sure what to think of the tv show adaptation. I didn't like the 1st season for so many reasons. Since a few things changed for the positive in the first two episodes of the 2nd season, I still have a  bit of hope left that it'll get better. At least the acting got better, now they need to fix the pacing and the dialog, so it wouldn't be that irritating anymore.
  12. I hated the ending of Clockwork Prince so much, that I avoided reading Clockwork Princess for quite a while and when I finally started it I was so angry and just hated nearly everything on the first fifty pages that I wasn't able to finish reading it. I only finished Clockwork Princess after COHF so I was able to read Lady Midnight and because I read everything else.
  13. I didn't really like The Bane Chronicles. They where kinda meh. But I love Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, even though we got a lot of extra informations through different stories and not only Simon stuff.
  14. Emma and Julien are the first Shadowhunters main characters I like. Even though I got a tiny bit annoyed with them, but still they aren't as annoying as Clary & Jace or Will & Tessa & Jem.
  15. I like the tv show cast way better than the movie cast. Just thinking about anything COB movie related makes me so angry.
BONUS:
I hate the German translation of the books. I read every book in English, but after I watched the COB movie I had to pick up a sample to check the translation. They changed a lot while translating and that's part of the reason why I was so confused watching the movie. I'm glad I'm watching the tv show in English, so there's no translation problem.


What do you like or dislike about the Shadowhunters World? Can you relate to some of the things I mentioned? Did you like the movie? Are you following along with the tv show? 
Just let me know who's your favourite character or your most liked book.



No comments:

Post a Comment