June 06, 2017

『MAY BOOK HAUL』Where did all the books come from?

I was long gone, because I just didn't feel like posting. There is just so much to do for Uni this semester I don't even know how that happened. x_x

Nonetheless, I want to pick up blogging again and I though I'll show you all the books I acquired in May. So, May was my birthday month and I treated myself to some nice new books and also had some gift cards to spend.

Also I have a lot more planed and I'll definitely post about the book fair back in March. ~

LET'S GET STARTED ⬇️


1) Legion - Julie Kagawa
Got this one in the paperback edition and the audiobook. Listened to all Legion books on audible, because they are so easy to listen to and I can do other stuff while listening. Already finished this one and didn't really like it. I gave it only two stars on goodreads. I can't point my finger on what I didn't like, I was just bored. It's so sad, because I liked all the others and was really excited for it.

 


2) A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas
I had to have it asap and that's why I got it as e-book as well. Oops~
This was the first of the ACOTAR books I read, to all the others I listened on audiobook. It was a whole new experience and I LOVED it. For me this is the best of the trilogy. I didn't like A Court of Thorns and Roses that much, A Court of Mist and Fury was much much better and this one was just so good! I nearly died A LOT of times. THAT PANIC! ;___;



3) Rebel Rising - Beth Revis
It's Star Wars, it's Jyn Erso. I HAD TO HAVE IT ! ! !
Haven't read it so far, but plan on doing so soon.



4) Edo Painting: Sotatsu und Korin - Hiroshi Mizuo
Got it mostly for Uni studies. But it's so interesting.


5) Flame in the Mist - Renée Ahdieh
Funny story here => It was published on my birthday,I  went to the bookstore, saw it, bought it and a few days later it arrived at my doorsteps, because I preordered it at Amazon. XD" That never happened to me before. I don't even know how that happened. I never forgot that I preordered something. Well~ Guess it's the age...
Already started this, but never got around to finish it, because LoS came out and Uni.



6) Lord of Shadows - Cassandra Clare
I have the same reasons for this doubled purchase as for ACOWAR. The sad thing is that I still haven't finished it. I'm nearly half way through and it's so grabbing and exciting and FEELS. But Uni is more important and urgh ;___;



7) Alice im Spiegelland - Lewis Carrol, illustrated by Benjamin Lacombe
Had to have this one and spend one of my gift cards on it. It's the German and illustrated edition of Alice through the Looking-glass. Already own the first book and it's so pretty, this one as well. I just love the way Benjamin Lacombe illustrates. You should definitely check him out.



8) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J. K. Rowling, illustrated by Jim Kay
Own the first one, preordered the third one and needed the second one. Spend another gift card on this one. It's so pretty. <3



9) Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone - J. K. Rowling
Needed the HUFFLEPUFF edition. Proud Hufflepuff forever and always~


10) Monstress Volume One - Awakening - Marjorie Lu, illustrated by Sana Takeda
This one sounds so exciting. Can't wait to read it!



11) Tokyo Ghoul Vol. 11-14 & Tokyo Ghoul Zakki - Sui Ishida
Got the remaining volumes, so I can marathon the rest of the series. Never thought I'll love Tokyo Ghoul this much. Also want to start the anime in preparation of the live action movie. Everything is just so exciting. Also got the small artbook.



12) Princess Jellyfish - Akiko Higashimura
The last one to arrive was Princess Jellyfish. Which I got, because I stumbled upon a booktube video (can't remember who it was) talking about it. After that I watched the anime and it's just so cute and real. <3 Need to read it, sadly it's not available in German so I got it in English. ^^



THE END
All in all I got 20 books in just one month. That never happened before either. I just went a bit overboard this month with my birthday and all the preorders.



No comments:

Post a Comment