January 01, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR & 2017 Resolutions


I wish you all a very Happy New Year 2017 and hope you can turn it into the best year you had so far. I personally don't have any special plans for this year as it's just starting, but I hope it will be a good year. 

I thought I list some personal resolutions and some blogging resolutions to start off the blogging year.  Though I do this to keep me motivated over the following year and to keep track of what I wanted to change or achieve at the beginning of the year. I know I was really bad at following my resolutions over the past few years, but I though I just try it again. Maybe it does help.
Do you have any resolutions planed for the year of 2017?


Personal Resolutions

Get back into shape.
Lately I noticed how out of shape I am. Not only that I didn't lose any weight I gained last Christmas in 2015, but I'm out of breath just too fast. I had to go by bike to work yesterday and I felt like I never make it there. I really want to change that. I just don't know how to do it because I hate sports, but I know that I can't keep going on like this.
I remember the time I used to love go out running to clear my head and it always felt really good. Maybe I can start that again. But than I have to keep it up in any weather, because I know I'll be to lazy to start all over again.

Be more motivated for certain things. 
I tend to lose motivation so fast, even with things I like. For example I'm really interested in my studies but I'm just not motivated and I kind of didn't do anything in the last semester for it. I hate that. The same goes for writing, I love it and I really want to finish this one story I have started all those years ago, but every time I look at it I can't find a way to keep going.

Start writing again.
I don't mean the writing on the blog, but story writing or poem writing. I miss it. I used to write a lot, just different short things, but I kind of just stoped doing it. I have to change it.

Go to more concerts.
This might sound stupid, but I only went to three concerts last year and I don't like that. I remember the time I went to around 12 concerts a year, several in a month. I really miss this. Concerts always make me feel so much better. I can lose myself there and let lose of all those "depressing" thoughts surrounding myself. I always feel so much better after a good concert.
I need to follow all those (not Japanese) bands more and keep track of their tours, so I won't miss them all the time.

Finally to visit a book fair again and maybe a convention.
I really really want that a lot. Reading is just this huge passion I have and I love book fairs. I used to go there in the past, but since no one ever wants to go with me anymore I stoped so too. I don't know what keeps me from going there alone, since I'm perfectly fine going to concerts by myself.
The same counts for conventions. I don't need to attend something big, I just miss the anime & manga stuff and looking at cosplayers. (<= This kind of sounds stupid, but I appreciate a good cosplay.)

Attend more Lolita related meet ups.
I love Lolita fashion so much and I even own quite a few pieces. I kind of never wear it, even though it's so expensive. I just can't wear it that often, because I think it's to "uncomfortable" for uni and I'm not allowed to wear it at work (we have to wear a uniform). So most of the time my most pretty dresses and skirts are just hanging in the closet. This really annoys me.
Also I went to the last Christmas meet up after a really long time not going and it was really good. Met so many nice ladies and I really want to keep that up. I want to meet more people who love the same fashion I do and just have fun and enjoy wearing one of my favourite hobbies.

Work more on myself.
What do I mean with this? Just to keep my head clear of depressing things and thoughts, to work more on my self confidence and fight my social anxiety.
Even though I love so many different things which aren't that present in today's society I really have a "weak" mind. I tend to be super shy, that goes as far as not asking for help or information, if I have a bad day. I thought I had overcome this part, but it kind of returned last year again and I really have a hard time fighting it. There are some more different things I don't want to go in detail with, though.
I keep going back to sad or depressing thoughts and that really holds me down, maybe that's also the reason for my lost motivation.
So, I really want to fight it this year and be better to myself and get out of that state of mind.

Be more creative again.
What I really mean is doing videos. Not booktube videos or something a like. Just some creative videos. Maybe something like changing seasons or to track some special moments, to express more art through moving pictures. Things like that.
Also I want to get back into graphic design. I learned it a few years ago and it actually is my certificated job, but when I finished my apprenticeship I was so annoyed by it and felt like all creativity was gone. Lost somewhere in a black hole in outer space. But every time I plan and create a new header for my blog and work on photos for the different entries I realise that I miss this and that I want to get back into creating printed stuff.

Get a new camera.
I really want to do more professional photos and I really need a new camera. Sadly the ones I want are all so expensive and even though I start saving up for one of them I kind of never reach the goal, because I just have too many expensive hobbies.
I really need to start to sort out my priorities more!
I also want a Fuji Instax Mini 8 so much. These are just so cute!!!

Use my calendar more and start planing through my week/ month.
I have this super cute dookibook and I really love it. But I kind of never use it. I need to keep track of a few things and I want to start doing it this year more intensive. I want to keep track of my homework, my work schedule and my blogging schedule in it. So I'll know when I have to prepare certain things.
I don't really want to over decorate it with a tone of stickers and washi tape, but I actually want to decorate it a bit every week, just to keep it pretty.



Blogging Resolutions

Get a real blogging schedule.
Actually worked on this in December and I already have most of January planed out. I'm so proud of myself!
There will be two entries a week one T10T or T5W, depends on which topic suites my mood better and depending on which of those I did another entry on Saturdays or Sundays. If  I have a review or a read-a-thon to post about, but also an already scheduled entry there could be three entries a week. Some things just need to get off my mind as fast as possible.

Expand my blogging topics.
What does this mean? I know, I already have a mixed blog, but I really want to have it like this. I don't want to have a million blogs for all the different things I want to write about. I'll keep up my movies, tv shows, manga and anime stuff, but I also want to do more discussions when there is something specific on my mind I want to talk about. I want to write more about different countries and cultures, about Lolita fashion and maybe about my favourite make up products. I'm not sure about that last one, because I think I don't really want to talk too much about anything make up, but there are a few things I really like a lot. I also thought about reviewing CDs of my favourite bands or something alike.
What do you think about that?
If you have any suggestions for discussions or different topics I could write about please let me know.

Write at least one book review a month.
I really want to start book reviewing. I often have so many thoughts on books I read, but I nearly never write them down and I don't really have someone to talk about this a lot. I try to bring my friends to read the books I loved, but none of them reads as much as I do and my sister is not that passionate about talking about books, even though she reads them.
So I have to start reviewing more and discuss certain things I liked and disliked about them.

Comment more on other people's blogs and videos.
This is a part of the "working on myself" resolution I have mentioned earlier. I even get super shy and socially awkward online and tend to just read a blog entry or watch a video without commenting, even when I have to say something about it. This annoys me so much and I know that commenting would lead to discussion and that this could also change another thing I dislike, not being able to discuss books with other people.
I know I need to change that to achieve what I have planed with the following resolution.

Get this lovely blog more out there and promote it more.
I really want more traffic on my beloved baby. I started blogging so many years ago, and decided a few years ago to import all the different things on this one. But I never really promoted any type of blog I had. I want to change it and get this one out there, to stay motivated writing entries and to get to know more people who like the same things I like and to have someone to talk about all the things I can't talk about with friends.
It's so weird but I tend to have friends with who I only have one common interest. It's so strange. And none of them likes to discuss books or wears my kind of fashion. I need more of those, that's why I want to push my Fairytales out there.

Finally start my planed blog about East Asian Art.
I have this blog planed since I started studying East Asian Art, and I really want to start that blog. I want to discuss a few topics on it and I want to talk about how it is to study this field of art and what it actually means.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely resolutions! I need to get back in shape more, but I'm feeling more positive about it! Like viewing it more to be healthy.

    May I ask about your blogging resolutions? I want to try some of them too. But how do you plan about this? Planning a month sounds hard! I find it hard to be organised about my blog, like it scares me! But I love blogging! Ahh one day I'll get it together XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah getting back in shape for me is not really about losing weight, more about the fact that I get out of breath so fast. I felt like I needed an hour long break after that short ride. Not good at all. x.x

      I know exactly what you mean. I'm really bad at staying organised in general. But I really want this blog to be something I can look back at and be proud of it. So I'm going to try and stay organised with it.
      I don't know, I just have a few things I want to talk about and I thought I put them all in one month. XD Than I added some topics from the Top 10 Tuesdays and Top 5 Wednesdays, which are always book related, and I suddenly had a nearly full schedule for the month. I have to see if I can keep it up like this or if I need to change something. I'm still not sure about how my schedule will be for the next month'. I just try to look forward to it and see what I can make of it.
      You should just try and start somewhere. Like, I'll be writing about Christmas sometime this month even though we're already having the next year. I just don't care. XD Try to think of how often you want to post something and what topics you want to talk about. Maybe that helps you to get organised about your blog. At least that was what kept me going for this month. ^^

      Wish you all the best for the new year and that you'll find your way to keep on blogging. I know that struggle too much. <3

      Delete