January 04, 2017

『Top 5 Wednesday』2017 Goals



Since I already have post about my 2017 resolutions and blogging resolutions I thought I make this about my reading goals and bookish goals for this year.
Let's see what I plan to do to keep my reading flowing and hopefully not to get back into that horrible mood called reading slump.


Reading & Bookish Resolutions

1. Be more adventurous.
I want to branch out more and start reading more outside of just young adult. Slowly but surely it's getting annoying. Once in a while I read some middle grade but that's it. I also want to try and read more classics and contemporaries. I'm so stuck in this world of fantasy, high fantasy and dystopians it's unbelievable and I want to read more in my mother language especially books written by German authors. There are so many out there and I rarely read those books.

2. Read more, buy less.
I actually want to read more and buy less books. I'm not going to ban me from book buying, but I really have to read all those unread books on my shelves. Mangas included, I bought so many second hand for a really good price but never read them.

3. Finish more series, before starting a new one.
I really want to try and finish more fully published series which are on my shelves. Also I need to do some catch up before others continue on. Can't keep buying the next in a series while I haven't even started the first one.

4. Read more diverse.
That doesn't automatically mean that the book has to contain only or a lot of diverse characters. I see it more as to read from diverse authors. Meaning not only English speaking ones or German ones. I can use some other cultural influences in my life and I'm gladly reading translations from languages I don't understand, because I don't know them. I'm not counting all the mangas I own, because these are only focused on Japanese authors, plus I actually really want to read something without an perfect image of the looks. 

5. Read more non fiction.
Because I want to read more from different cultures, I want to read more about different cultures. I really need to get to those books. I'm interested in so many different things, but I nearly never read anything non fiction. Also I need to get to the few travel books I own. Books with experience and reportages which talk about things in discussion. 

BONUS: Participate in more read-a-thons.
Well, let's see if I can make this. I really want to do that, because it's always so much fun and I actually like pushing myself to read more than usual. Also it's a good opportunity to find new people to talk to. And it helps with another goal mentioned already. 



No comments:

Post a Comment